Prep 35 mins
Cook 10 mins
You can give me this all year through, I wont mind:) I will be your slave, infact!!
- 2 cups gram flour
- 1 tablespoon almonds, powdered
- 1 tablespoon cashews, powdered
- 1⁄2 cup ghee
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cardamom, powdered
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, coarsely ground
- Coarsely grind the cashews and almonds.
- Keep aside.
- Melt ghee in a wok.
- Add besan (gram flour).
- Cook on low heat till besan is fragrant and well cooked.
- It takes only about 5-8 minutes.
- Let it cool for a while.
- Add powdered nuts, cardamom powder and sugar.
- Mix well.
- Shape into round balls (a little bigger than the size of a walnut) and store in an airtight container.
- Serve after a few hours for greater taste!
- ENJOY my most favourite dessert and think of me when you do so!
This was the best ladoooooooooo I have ever eaten.soooooooooooooooooooo gooooooood and yummyyyyy. Thankyou charishma. You are the best.....If you guys haven't tried it please try it, you won't be sorry....
I tried this recipe today. The amount of ghee listed as 1/2 cup to 2 cups gram flour did not come close to being able to form balls. I added another 1/4 cup. My husband's reaction was "Did you add coarse salt to this because I am biting into grits.?" No, of course not, it was the granuated sugar. I agree with Heather's review that if anyone tries this recipe to use powered sugar. I cannot say I will try this again.
This is the same as my recipe only I use 1 cup of powdered sugar to be sure there are no gritty granules.