Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
The title says it all! A delicious, easy to make, one dish meal. This is the dish that my fiance requests that I make the most often. I got the recipe from my mom, and tweaked it to my tastes. Great on a cold night, and even better as leftovers the next day!
- 5 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 lb cooked cubed ham
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 -3 cups milk (based on how thick or thin you want your soup to be)
- 2 tablespoons pepper
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tablespoon salt (optional)
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Place potatoes, celery and onions in soup pot. Cover with water so that water is JUST covering the top of potatoes. Add pepper. Cook on medium heat until potatoes are soft. Do not drain water.
- Add ham, evaporated milk, mushroom soup, and milk. Continue cooking on medium until hot. Stir in parmesan cheese, and mix well. Serve.