Recipe by Angel91805
This is a wonderful salad for picnics, potlucks, holidays, whenever! There are many variations. This is the one I get asked for a lot.
- 1 head lettuce, cut in bite-sized pieces
- 1 1⁄2 bell peppers, chopped small
- 4 stalks celery, sliced small
- 1 (14 ounce) can peas, refrigerated and drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Miracle Whip, cold NOT mayonnaise
- parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 2 ½ qt dish (I use 9x13), starting with the lettuce, layer all ingredients until you get to the cheese.
- Cover the peas with the cheese, seal it all with Miracle Whip (like frosting a cake).
- Top w/ Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve (can be overnight).
- When ready to serve toss well.