I adapted the recipe from Kraftfoods.com, and just added a few extra steps... YUMMY!
Make and share this My 3-Bean Yummy Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 1 -2 lb ground turkey
- 1 (10 ounce) packagechopped green frozen bell peppers
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped onions
- 2 (16 ounce) cans red kidney beans, undrained
- 2 (16 ounce) cans pinto beans, undrained
- 2 (16 ounce) cans black beans, undrained
- 2 (14 ounce) cans Rotel chili fixins tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (4 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 (1 ounce) packages chili seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (8 ounce) package cheddar cheese
- Brown ground turkey, drain if drippings.
- Add frozen green peppers and onions, cook until warm.
- Add chili seasoning, cinnamon, tomato sauce, and tomato paste, stir until mixed well.
- Add all beans and tomatos.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat, simmer about 20 minutes. (perfect timing for cornbread to bake :-D ).
- Serve topped with cheddar cheese.
I prepared this with ground beef, fresh chopped bell peppers and onions, and navy beans instead of the pintos. I also used Chili Seasoning Mix as the seasoning mix. Overall, the chili was good, but my Hubby didn't care for the cinnamon undertone. I didn't tell him that it was included in the recipe, but he could taste it immediately.