Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
FINALLY......The moment I have been waiting for ever since I joined Recipezaar has arrived! I have posted 999 recipes so far and this is my 1000th! A milestone has been reached and so I decided to celebrate with 2 of my favourite ingredients in the kitchen - mango and paneer! That was when I found this recipe in today's Weekend magazine. Enjoy!
Top Review by zainab23
How come no one has reviewed this yet? This is so wonderful and it is really quick and simple to make. Ide recommend this to others, it tastes really simillar to Charishma's other mango curry recipe but the paneer gives it something extra.I skipped the marrinating part and just pan fried everything because I was rushing. Thanks for posting.
- 750 g panir (cottage cheese)
- 3 tablespoons ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 3 medium onions, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 tablespoon coriander powder
- 3⁄4 tablespoon cumin powder
- 3⁄4 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons ghee
- 3⁄4 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 1 medium mango, pureed (1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder
- 1 cup cream
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut paneer into 1 X 2 inch rectangles of 1/2 inch thickness.
- Combine panner, ginger and garlic in a bowl.
- Marinate for an hour in the refrigerator.
- Barbecue the paneer on an electric grill or shallow-fry in a non-stick frying pan.
- Heat 3 tbsps.
- of ghee in a large non-stick wok.
- Add onions.
- Stir-fry until golden in colour.
- Add corriander, cumin, cinnamon, chilli and turmeric powders.
- Stir-fry for a minute.
- Add paneer, mango puree, cream, lime juice and salt to taste.
- Mix gently.
- Cook for a few minutes on low flame until the gravy is slightly thick.
- Garnish with chopped corriander leaves.
- Serve how with rotis.