Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is from the Young Times magazine and is Chef Sanjeev Kapoor's recipe. Its amazing, out of the world and super delicious! I hope you enjoy it.
- 100 g vermicelli, roasted
- 8 -10 raisins
- 5 -6 almonds
- 4 -5 cashews
- 1⁄4 cup ghee
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon sunflower seeds (known as "chironji" in Hindi)
- Break roasted vermicelli with hand and keep aside.
- Wash and pat dry raisins.
- Cut almonds into slivers and chop cashewnuts.
- Heat ghee in a pan.
- Add cardamom powder and sugar.
- Cook on low heat, stirring continuously, for 2-3 minutes.
- Add milk and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add broken vermicelli and continue to cook for 4-5 minutes or till the vermicelli is dry.
- Serve hot, garnished with sunflower seeds, raisins, almonds, cashews and edible silver foil, if desired.
EXCELLENT!!! i loved it....skipped the raisins though...