Recipe by Annie~C~
This recipe is easy. It makes enough for a small crowd. It is versatile in that you can add a lot of different condiments to suit your taste. Great for company. Not too spicy, but can kick it up by adding hot salsa.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 16 ounces o'brien frozen potatoes
- 4 green onions (use white and green parts)
- 1 yellow onion
- 12 ounces beef chorizo sausages
- 6 large eggs
- 6 ounces shredded Mexican blend cheese (or more if you like)
- 10 burrito-size flour tortillas
- sour cream (optional)
- salsa (Mild or Hot)
- avocado (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown potatoes and onions in a large pan with vegetable oil until golden.
- Add Chorizo to potatoes in pan and stir until cooked through and reduces slightly. (5-7 minutes).
- Add eggs to the pan and stir them in, folding them over until eggs are cooked through.
- Add cheese to the mixture and again fold in until cheese in melted. You will add about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of mixture onto a tortilla and fold burrito style.
- How To Stuff the Tortillas.
- In separate frying pan, melt butter.
- One at a time, put a tortilla in pan and move with your fingers, until you can not touch it anymore without burning your fingers. This makes the tortilla pliable to fold in burrito fashion without cracking the tortilla. Add butter as it is used up in the pan by the tortillas.