6 hrs 15 mins
A somalian bread, taken from Tammy's Somali Home.com and posted for ZWT7
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the flours, sugar, onion powder, yeast, garlic, and salt in a bowl.
- 2Add the water and knead to make a dough.
- 3Cover and set aside in a warm place for 6 hours.
- 4Work the dough gently with your hands and set aside to let rise a second time.
- 5Using wet hands, divide into 6 pieces.
- 6Roll with the palm of your hands to form a ball.
- 7Place on an oiled baking pan, spacing them 2 - 3 inches apart.
- 8Cover tightly with foil and place on the lower rack of the oven for about 15.
- 9minutes or until the bottom is golden in color.
Nutritional Facts for Muufo Baraawe
Serving Size: 1 (681 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 230.6
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 7.8 g