Prep 6 hrs
Cook 15 mins
A somalian bread, taken from Tammy's Somali Home.com and posted for ZWT7
- 2 cups semolina flour
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon instant yeast
- 1 1⁄4 cups warm water
- Combine the flours, sugar, onion powder, yeast, garlic, and salt in a bowl.
- Add the water and knead to make a dough.
- Cover and set aside in a warm place for 6 hours.
- Work the dough gently with your hands and set aside to let rise a second time.
- Using wet hands, divide into 6 pieces.
- Roll with the palm of your hands to form a ball.
- Place on an oiled baking pan, spacing them 2 - 3 inches apart.
- Cover tightly with foil and place on the lower rack of the oven for about 15.
- minutes or until the bottom is golden in color.