1 hr 30 mins
Chef #1163419's Note:
Mutton Yakhni Pulao (Pakistani Dish)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Gently wash and soak the rice in water. Set aside.
- 2Cook the mutton with the red chilli, ginger, fennel seeds, black and green cardamoms, coriander seeds and salt in a pressure cooker, adding eight cups of water. Cook till tender, about 20 minutes.
- 3Remove all the spices and strain the stock.
- 4The stock should measure six (6) cups. Add water if the stock is not sufficient. Set aside.
- 5Keep the mutton pieces separately.
- 6In a heavy bottomed vessel, heat the oil, and add the bay leaf and cinnamon and sliced onions and fry till onions are light brown.
- 7Add the mutton and fry for a few minutes.
- 8Add the stock.
- 9Stir in the rice gently, ensuring that it does not break.
- 10Cover and bring the stock to a boil over high heat, then simmer till the rice gets cooked.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mutton Yakhni Pulao
Serving Size: 1 (303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1074.1
- Calories from Fat 522
- Total Fat 58.0 g
- Saturated Fat 15.9 g
- Cholesterol 144.0 mg
- Sodium 132.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 47.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
black cardamom pods