Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Its a tasty side dish for rice, roti (indian bread) and other bread recipes.its spicy and an authentic south indian recipe. The curry leaves enhances the mutton (red meat) flavour.
- 1⁄2 kg mutton (red meat)
- 1 medium onion, cut into cubes
- 1 medium tomatoes, cut into tiny pieces
- 1 cinnamon stick, 1-inch inch bark
- 3 -4 cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel
- 1 teaspoon mutton masala
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons curry leaves
- 1. In a pressure cooker. Pour 1 + 1/2 tbsps and heat it.Add cinnamon, cloves and fennel. when fennel starts spluttering, Add onion saute till translucent. Add ginger & garlic paste and cook in low flame till it turns golden and raw smell disappears.
- 2. Add mutton, tomato, chili powder, turmeric, mutton masala and salt. Cook till the water oozes out of mutton (red meat) and reaches gravy consistency.
- 3. Now add water, close the lid, put the cooker whistle and cook in medium flame till 20 minutes And let it sit for 5-10 minutes.
- 4. In a deep curved pan pour the remaining oil and heat it. Add the curry leaves. After the spluttering add the cooked mutton (red meat) and saute till it becomes thick or till it reaches gravy consistency. And serve.