Prep 35 mins
Cook 40 mins
From the Thursday magazine.
Make and share this Mutton Pilaf recipe from Food.com.
- 300 g mutton, pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups basmati rice, washed and soaked in water
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 large tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 large potato, quartered and fried
- 4 cloves
- 1 inch cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons garlic paste
- 3 teaspoons ginger paste
- 2 tablespoons coriander, paste
- 1 tablespoon fennel seed, powdered
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 tablespoon yoghurt
- Pressure cook the mutton in 2 cups of water to which salt, a little turmeric powder, cloves and a piece of cinnamon is added.
- Heat another skillet.
- Add oil.
- Once its hot, add the onions.
- Stir-fry until fragrant and golden brown.
- Add tomatoes and fry until soft.
- Add ginger and garlic pastes.
- Fry for a minute until the raw smell is gone.
- Add the cooked mutton pieces and yoghurt.
- Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the fried potatoes.
- Add the powdered spices and salt.
- Roast cook for 2 minutes.
- Add water to cook the rice.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add the drained rice.
- Cook on low flame for 20 minutes until all the water has been absorbed by the rice.
- Serve hot with a salad and a vegetable dish on the side.