1 hr 15 mins
From the Thursday magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 300 g mutton, pieces
- 1 1/2 cups basmati rice, washed and soaked in water
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 large tomato, peeled and chopped
- 1 large potato, quartered and fried
- 4 cloves
- 1 inch cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons garlic paste
- 3 teaspoons ginger paste
- 2 tablespoons coriander, paste
- 1 tablespoon fennel seed, powdered
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 tablespoon yoghurt
- 1Pressure cook the mutton in 2 cups of water to which salt, a little turmeric powder, cloves and a piece of cinnamon is added.
- 2Heat another skillet.
- 3Add oil.
- 4Once its hot, add the onions.
- 5Stir-fry until fragrant and golden brown.
- 6Add tomatoes and fry until soft.
- 7Add ginger and garlic pastes.
- 8Fry for a minute until the raw smell is gone.
- 9Add the cooked mutton pieces and yoghurt.
- 10Cook for 3 minutes.
- 11Add the fried potatoes.
- 12Add the powdered spices and salt.
- 13Roast cook for 2 minutes.
- 14Add water to cook the rice.
- 15Bring to a boil.
- 16Add the drained rice.
- 17Cook on low flame for 20 minutes until all the water has been absorbed by the rice.
- 18Serve hot with a salad and a vegetable dish on the side.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mutton Pilaf
Serving Size: 1 (275 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 553.6
- Calories from Fat 215
- Total Fat 23.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 57.9 mg
- Sodium 63.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 22.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: