Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This recipe was submitted by Shubhangi Badhire to the Thursday magazine and she won Rial Omani 20/- for it! I hope you enjoy it!!
- 1⁄2 kg mutton or 1⁄2 kg beef, cleaned and washed (kheema)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 3 cloves
- 2 green cardamoms
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 large onion, peeled,washed and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 6 medium potatoes, boiled
- 3 slices bread, peeled and mashed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- oil, to fry
- 2 egg whites
- breadcrumbs, as required
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinate the kheema in a mixture of ginger and garlic pastes, salt and all powdered spices for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium flame.
- Toss in the whole spices.
- Once they start crackling, toss in the onions and saute till golden brown.
- Now, mix in the marinated kheema.
- Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of water.
- Cook the kheema on medium flame until all the water dries up.
- Now, start preparing the patties.
- For this, add turmeric and red chilli powders alongwith salt to the potatoes.
- Dip the bread slices in water and squeeze them tightly.
- Add these to the potato mixture.
- Mix well and prepare a dough.
- Make 15 balls out of the same.
- Stuff 1 tbsp.
- of kheema in each ball.
- Make sure that there aren't any cracks in the patties.
- Heat oil in a large wok.
- Dip the patties in the egg whites and then in the breadcrumbs.
- Deep fry them in hot oil.
- Drain on clean paper towels.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup.