1 hr 25 mins
This recipe, posted by K. Hema, is the winning recipe in today's Thursday magazine. I think it will be really tasty seeing the picture and the ingredients it has in it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 kg mutton
- 1/4 kg onion, finely chopped
- 10 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tomatoes, peeled and finely chopped
- 6 -8 green chilies, chopped
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons coriander powder
- 2 tablespoons red chili powder
- 10 -15 curry leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
- 5 -6 tablespoons oil
To grind in the mixer
- 1Heat oil in a pan.
- 2Add all the seasoning ingredients.
- 3Allow to splutter.
- 4Once they stop spluttering, add garlic and onions and saute till they onions turn golden brown and the raw smell of garlic is gone.
- 5Add curry leaves and tomatoes.
- 6Stir-fry till the tomatoes are softened and the curry leaves are fragrant.
- 7Cover the pan for 2 minutes and cook on low flame.
- 8Add mutton and green chillies.
- 9Cover the pan and cook on low flame for 2 minutes or till the meat is tender.
- 10When the mutton is half cooked, add all the spice powders.
- 11Mix well.
- 12Cover the pan.
- 13Cook till the oil leaves the sides of the pan.
- 14Add salt and the finely ground masala.
- 15Allow to cook till the raw smell is gone and the oil separates.
- 16Garnish with corriander leaves.
- 17Serve hot with rotis or rice.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mutton Mirch Masala
Serving Size: 1 (383 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 797.3
- Calories from Fat 493
- Total Fat 54.7 g
- Saturated Fat 15.6 g
- Cholesterol 160.0 mg
- Sodium 193.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 12.0 g
- Protein 48.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: