Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe, posted by K. Hema, is the winning recipe in today's Thursday magazine. I think it will be really tasty seeing the picture and the ingredients it has in it.
- 1⁄2 kg mutton
- 1⁄4 kg onion, finely chopped
- 10 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tomatoes, peeled and finely chopped
- 6 -8 green chilies, chopped
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons coriander powder
- 2 tablespoons red chili powder
- 10 -15 curry leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
- 5 -6 tablespoons oil
- 4 -5 cloves
- 1 inch cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon fennel seed
To grind in the mixer
- 1⁄2 coconut, grated
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fennel seed
- 1 inch ginger
- 5 cashews, soaked in water
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add all the seasoning ingredients.
- Allow to splutter.
- Once they stop spluttering, add garlic and onions and saute till they onions turn golden brown and the raw smell of garlic is gone.
- Add curry leaves and tomatoes.
- Stir-fry till the tomatoes are softened and the curry leaves are fragrant.
- Cover the pan for 2 minutes and cook on low flame.
- Add mutton and green chillies.
- Cover the pan and cook on low flame for 2 minutes or till the meat is tender.
- When the mutton is half cooked, add all the spice powders.
- Mix well.
- Cover the pan.
- Cook till the oil leaves the sides of the pan.
- Add salt and the finely ground masala.
- Allow to cook till the raw smell is gone and the oil separates.
- Garnish with corriander leaves.
- Serve hot with rotis or rice.