1/1 Photo of Mutton Korma
5 hrs 45 mins
This is from Anjali Vellody's Foodcourt column, Weekend.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g boneless cubed mutton
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt, beaten
- 2 tablespoons oil
To be ground to a paste
- 1 onion, peeled,washed and chopped
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled,washed and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled,washed and chopped
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 2 whole red chilies
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 maggi vegetable stock cube, with onion
- 1In a large bowl, combine together the mutton cubes with turmeric powder and yogurt.
- 2Mix well and allow to marinate for 4 hours.
- 3Heat oil in a skillet.
- 4Add the ground paste and stir-fry until the oil floats on top.
- 5Add the mutton cubes alongwith the marinade and the stock cube.
- 6Stir-cook until the mutton is well-browned.
- 7Add a little warm water and cook until the mutton is tender.
- 8Garnish with fried onions and chopped corriander leaves.
- 9Serve hot with parathas!
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mutton Korma
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 458.8
- Calories from Fat 272
- Total Fat 30.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 121.8 mg
- Sodium 116.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 34.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegetable stock cubes