Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Its aromas go to your head through your nose and stay put there. Very tasty!
- 500 g liver, washed, wiped dry
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 cup yogurt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 tablespoons canola oil or 2 tablespoons butter oil
- 1 cup grated onion
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves
- lemon wedge, for garnish
- Chop the liver into small pieces and mix in the ginger, garlic, chili powder, yogurt, garam masala and salt.
- Keep aside for at least 1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil, add the onions and sauté till golden brown.
- Add the liver mixture and sauté till the fat separates.
- Add ½ cup of water and pressure cook for 5 minutes.
- If not using pressure cooker, cover and cook till liver is tender.
- Finally, uncover and stir-fry to dry the water completely till oil starts oozing out on the edges.
- Serve garnished with coriander leaves and lemon wedges.