Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
fun for grandkids to help make for our furry friends..
- 1 large apple, cored
- 2 carrots
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 3⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Grease 12 muffin tins.set aside.
- In food processor, puree the apple.
- Shred carrot with hand shredder.
- In a bowl, mix all wet ingredients together and add pureed apple. Mix thoroughly.
- Combine dry ingredients.Add wet ingredients and mix thoroughly, scraping sides and bottom of bowl to be sure none of the dry mixture is left.
- With an ice cream scoop, fill a muffin cup 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350* for approximately 1 hour.
another vote for NOOOOOO raisins! it can kill your dog! yikes!
Please do not put raisins or grapes into any dog food or treat. even one could cause liver failure Sources: http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?cls=2&cat=1661&articleid=1030 http://www.pedigree.com/dogsAndPuppies/adult+dogs/nutrition/nutrition+facts/foods+your+dog+shouldnt+eat.asp http://www.dogaware.com/dogfeeding.html