Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Recipe courtesy of Dr. Karen Halligan from the Today Show website.
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef or 1⁄2 lb sirloin
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup oats
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium tomato paste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat egg in separate bowl.
- Combine all ingredients including egg in bowl.
- Roll into small meatballs.
- Place meatballs on well greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cool before serving.