Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
I think green bean recipes are like pairs of shoes....you can't have too many! Here's a real quick and easy one.
- 1 lb green beans, ends trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Bring water to a boil; cook beans until crisp-tender, about 5 to 7 minutes; drain.
- Heat oil in the same pan; stir in mustard and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add beans; toss to coat and serve warm.
Great way to serve green beans! I sauteed chopped garlic and onion in the olive oil. I also used more dijon mustard and threw in a splash of white wine. Delicious!
Mmmm! I only had canned green beans, so I didn't have to cook them first. I also cut the recipe in half because I just used one can. The garlic adds a nice touch, but it would be delicious without!
These are very good. I agree with Sugarpea that you need to add more Dijon. I also sauteed onion and garlic in the olive oil and then added the other ingredients. Yummy.