Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this recipe from an ex-boyfriend's mother.It gets rave reviews every time I make it.Just be careful not to overcook the chicken.I usually use Italian style bread crumbs and yellow mustard, but you could use any combination of bread crumbs and mustard that you have. I've used dijon mustard as well with very good results.You could also bake it in the oven, just be sure to cover it so it doesn't dry out.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, you could use skin-on chicken if you prefer
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Wipe down chicken breast with paper towel.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In bowl, beat egg and mustard.
- In separate bowl combine cheese and bread crumbs.
- Dip each breast in egg mixture then coat with cheese mixture.
- Let set 10 minutes.
- Saute chicken in oil for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
I've been making these for about ten years and I highly recommend trying them. I cook them on a medium low temp. so that the coating gets nice and crispy and the chicken is nice and moist.
Awesome! This turned out wonderfully! This is a new twist for chicken. My family loved it!
Made with Dijon mustard and panko bread crumbs. Used herb-infused olive oil, freshly grated parm, Colemans mustard. Added some fresh minced garlic. Delish.