Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love my 1972 Betty Crocker Cookbook; is there anything that woman doesn't know?? :) This recipe comes from that cookbook.
- 1 (10 ounce) French bread (brown & serve if you can find it)
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, soft
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, snipped
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon instant onion (the instant or dehydrated minced ones)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Cut bread diagonally into 1 inch slices.
- Mix remaining ingredients; spread onto slices.
- Reassemble loaf; place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake about 15 minutes.