Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
Tasty fish fillets!! from Canadian living. (Forgot to sprinkle the parsley in the photo)
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 white fish fillets (sole,catfish, cod)
- 2⁄3 cup chicken stock
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- place flour in pie plate; press fish into flour to coat.
- Shake off excess.
- Set aside.
- In bowl, combine stock, onion, mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper, set aside.
- In large nonstick frypan, heat oil over medium high heat; fry fish, turning once, until golden and fish flakes easily when tested, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Transfer to platter and keep warm.
- Add stock mixture to pan; bring to boil, reduce to desired consistancy.
- Spoon over fish.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
I made this with tilapia and my husband really loved it. It came together so quick and was on the table in 15 minutes. Who needs to order in fast food when you can make something like this yourself from scratch?