Recipe by *Parsley*
This is not quite as "heavy" as other cauliflower salads. It's creamy, but there's no mayo. Cook time is parboiling the cauliflower.
Top Review by tarab5
I had to thow this one out. I didn't like the combination of celery and cauliflower and the dressing was too strong. It could have been my fault because I used all Dijon instead of adding a tablespoon of grainy mustard (didn't have any).
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into bite sized flowerets
- 3⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon grainy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam/boil the cauliflower flowerets for just 3-5 minutes (you just want them slightly parboiled -- like you would do to prepare them for freezing). Drain. Rinse w/ cold water; drain and cool.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the sour cream, both mustards, lemon juice, sugar, salt and pepper; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together the cooled flowerets, onion and celery.
- Pour the dressing over veggie mixture and gently toss to evenly coat w/ dressing.