Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is not quite as "heavy" as other cauliflower salads. It's creamy, but there's no mayo. Cook time is parboiling the cauliflower.
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into bite sized flowerets
- 3⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon grainy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- Steam/boil the cauliflower flowerets for just 3-5 minutes (you just want them slightly parboiled -- like you would do to prepare them for freezing). Drain. Rinse w/ cold water; drain and cool.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the sour cream, both mustards, lemon juice, sugar, salt and pepper; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together the cooled flowerets, onion and celery.
- Pour the dressing over veggie mixture and gently toss to evenly coat w/ dressing.
We have started our barbecue season and I wanted to make a salad that I hadn't made before, this was a big hit. I used Splenda (upped it to about a dessert spoon) and the grain mustard I used was a honey grain. Very tasty, thanks for sharing
So easy and so good. I boiled the cauliflower a little to long, but it was still wonderful. I plan on using the dressing on coleslaw next. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
This was really tasty! After I put this together it had a little too much bite for me so I added some shredded cheddar cheese and some bacon bits and it was perfect. My family likes mushy veggies so I boiled the heck out of them. I only needed half the sauce for the cauliflower. Thanks for sharing this!