Recipe by The Normans
Don't know where we sourced this recipe from, it is delicious however. We do the quantities of mushrooms, sweet potato and beans by feel, but the quantities given should be about right.
- 1 kg beef gravy, diced
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 250 g mushrooms, sliced
- 250 g sweet potatoes, diced
- 100 g green beans, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Add wine, paprika, pepper and Dijon mustard to slow cooker. Start cooker on high.
- Add beef and mushrooms. Cook on high for 2 hours.
- Reduce to low for 30 minutes At this stage you can check you meat and decide if you want to cook it further before adding the other veg. This would depend on the cut used and how tender you want the meat.
- Add sweet potato. Cook for another 30 minutes.
- Add asparagus and similar amount of green beans. Cook for 30 minutes.
- Take out 1 cup of liquid and mix sour cream into it. Mix back into stew.