Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Italian style mustard based condiment. I have not tried this. I am posting it for an ISO request.
Make and share this Mustarda di Cremona (Italian Fruit Mustard) recipe from Food.com.
- Put the pears, plums, apricots, figs and cherries in a saucepan and add water just to cover.
- Add the sugar and lemon juice, stir and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the flame and cook over a low flame for 10 minutes.
- Drain the fruits, reserving the syrup.
- Distribute the fruits on a baking pan and place in an oven that has been heated to 120 degree Celsius just until the fruits are dry (about 30 minutes).
- Pour the wine into a saucepan and add the honey and reserved syrup, stirring well.
- Bring to a boil and boil over a moderate flame for about 5 minutes.
- Add the mustard, mix well and remove from the heat.
- Put the fruit into sterilized jars and pour the syrup over to barely cover.
- When completely cool, seal carefully and store in a cool, dry place.
- (May be stored for up to 6 months in completely sterile jars. Once the jars are opened, refrigerate).