Recipe by Steve P.
Italian style mustard based condiment. I have not tried this. I am posting it for an ISO request.
- 2 small pears, peeled
- 2 plums, pitted
- 2 apricots, pitted
- 2 fresh figs, halved
- 300 g cherries, pitted
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1⁄4 cups honey
- 1⁄2 cup mustard powder (ideally use Coleman's English mustard)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the pears, plums, apricots, figs and cherries in a saucepan and add water just to cover.
- Add the sugar and lemon juice, stir and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the flame and cook over a low flame for 10 minutes.
- Drain the fruits, reserving the syrup.
- Distribute the fruits on a baking pan and place in an oven that has been heated to 120 degree Celsius just until the fruits are dry (about 30 minutes).
- Pour the wine into a saucepan and add the honey and reserved syrup, stirring well.
- Bring to a boil and boil over a moderate flame for about 5 minutes.
- Add the mustard, mix well and remove from the heat.
- Put the fruit into sterilized jars and pour the syrup over to barely cover.
- When completely cool, seal carefully and store in a cool, dry place.
- (May be stored for up to 6 months in completely sterile jars. Once the jars are opened, refrigerate).