Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
it is one of the best ever
- 2 lbs yellow wax beans, cut in 1 inch lengths
- 4 cups boiling water
- 3 cups vinegar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vinegar
- Cook beans in boiling water until just tender.
- Drain well.
- Heat first amount of vinegar in large pot until it boils.
- Measure next 8 ingredients into bowl.
- Stir well.
- Gradually stir in remaining vinegar to make a smooth paste.
- Stir into boiling vinegar until it returns to a boil & thickens.
- Add beans stir gently, return to a boil.
- Fill hot sterilized jars to within 1/2" of top.
- Place sterilized metal lids on jars & screw metal bands on securely.
- For added assurance against spoilage, you may choose to process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes. Makes 4 pints this was taken from the company's coming preserves cookbook.