An elegant entree in about 15 minutes - using ingredients you are likely to have on hand. Serve with mashed potatoes and a fresh veggie for a complete meal. From Bon Appetit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- 2Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 3Add chicken breasts and sauté until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.
- 4Transfer chicken to platter.
- 5Tent with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- 6Add shallots to same skillet and sauté 1 minute.
- 7Add vermouth and mustard and bring to simmer.
- 8Add cream and 1 1/2 tablespoons tarragon.
- 9Simmer until slightly thickened, stirring often, about 3 minutes.
- 10Return chicken and any accumulated juices to skillet.
- 11Simmer until chicken is heated through, about 1 minute.
- 12Transfer chicken and sauce to platter.
- 13Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon tarragon and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mustard-Tarragon Chicken Saute
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 294.0
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 120.6 mg
- Sodium 206.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 29.2 g