Recipe by lazyme
An elegant entree in about 15 minutes - using ingredients you are likely to have on hand. Serve with mashed potatoes and a fresh veggie for a complete meal. From Bon Appetit.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup shallot, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup dry vermouth
- 2 tablespoons whole grain Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken breasts and sauté until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.
- Transfer chicken to platter.
- Tent with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- Add shallots to same skillet and sauté 1 minute.
- Add vermouth and mustard and bring to simmer.
- Add cream and 1 1/2 tablespoons tarragon.
- Simmer until slightly thickened, stirring often, about 3 minutes.
- Return chicken and any accumulated juices to skillet.
- Simmer until chicken is heated through, about 1 minute.
- Transfer chicken and sauce to platter.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon tarragon and serve.