Recipe by A la Carte
From BBC -- I haven't made this YET! I'm going to try, making it low fat, using fat free cheeses and turkey bacon. For those of you who don't have to worry about the fat, let me know how it is the full-fat version!
Top Review by The Flying Chef
This was delicious, Along with Lavender Lynn I made no attempt what so ever to make this low fat, (probably a complete through the lips on the hips moment, but well worth it.) I used 2 types of Gruyere a stronger and a Milder one as this is what I had on hand. It was soo goood the chicken was moist and tender and the cheesy filling was perfect. I made a lemon mustard sauce to accompany, although this was a nice touch, it was not needed as the chicken is so moist and full of flavour by itself. I served mine on a bed of celeriac mash and Recipe#304007 on the side an absolutely gorgeous meal. Thanks for sharing!!!
- 125 g ball mozzarella cheese, torn into small pieces
- 50 g strong cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon coarse grain mustard
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 slices smoked streaky bacon, rashers
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6.
- Mix the cheeses and mustard together.
- Cut a slit into the side of each chicken breast, then stuff with the mustard mixture.
- Wrap each stuffed chicken breast with 2 bacon rashers - not too tightly, but enough to hold the chicken together. Season, place on a baking sheet and roast for 20-25 minutes.
- Tip:If you want to use less bacon, stretch out four rashers using the back of a knife to make each one longer and thinner. Wrap just one around each chicken breast as before.