Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Again, my kids love this! Yet another "sneaky" way to get a serving of vegatables. Salmon is so so good for you! It is a great source of Omega-3, which is an essential, healthy fatty acid. Good for your cardiovascular system, brain and your overall health! Other sources of Omega-3 are: walnuts, flax seed ( which I grind and put in breads, muffins, oatmeal, yogurt parfaits & smoothies), olive oil, pine nuts, free range eggs, green leafy vegatables, anchovie & sardines.
- 1 lb salmon fillet
- 2 cups bok choy, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 cups cooked basmati rice
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place salmon on foil lined baking sheet.
- In small bowl, mix Tamari, honey, mustard and garlic.
- Pour over salmon and bake at 450 deg. for about 10- 15 minutes depending on thickness until salmon just pulls apart with fork.
- Meanwhile, cook rice according to package.
- Heat a skillet or Wok over med-high heat, add oil, saute bok choy 4-6 minutes add onion, cook 1 more minute.
- serve salmon and bok choy on top of rice.
This recipe was amazing. The sauce with the bok choy, onion, honey and brown mustard is not to be beat. To lower the fat content I sauted using white wine and a little of the sauce. Best recipe yet.
This was YUMMY. Honestly the best glaze on salmon I've ever tasted.