Recipe by healthy mamma
Again, my kids love this! Yet another "sneaky" way to get a serving of vegatables. Salmon is so so good for you! It is a great source of Omega-3, which is an essential, healthy fatty acid. Good for your cardiovascular system, brain and your overall health! Other sources of Omega-3 are: walnuts, flax seed ( which I grind and put in breads, muffins, oatmeal, yogurt parfaits & smoothies), olive oil, pine nuts, free range eggs, green leafy vegatables, anchovie & sardines.
Top Review by thom
This recipe was amazing. The sauce with the bok choy, onion, honey and brown mustard is not to be beat. To lower the fat content I sauted using white wine and a little of the sauce. Best recipe yet.
- 1 lb salmon fillet
- 2 cups bok choy, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 cups cooked basmati rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place salmon on foil lined baking sheet.
- In small bowl, mix Tamari, honey, mustard and garlic.
- Pour over salmon and bake at 450 deg. for about 10- 15 minutes depending on thickness until salmon just pulls apart with fork.
- Meanwhile, cook rice according to package.
- Heat a skillet or Wok over med-high heat, add oil, saute bok choy 4-6 minutes add onion, cook 1 more minute.
- serve salmon and bok choy on top of rice.