Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
My friend made this for me one night, and Oh My Goodness!! Melt in your mouth! Cooking time does not include marinade time. I just made this for my family the other day, and we all thought we'd died and gone to heaven. Even plain yellow mustard will do the trick. Don't let the Stats fool you, they are no worse than other ribs.
- 6 lbs short rib of beef (APPROX)
- 1⁄2 cup prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves (CRUSHED)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 medium onions (THIN SLICED)
- shortening (FOR BROWNING THE MEAT)
- Mix mustard, lemon juice, sugar, garlic, onions, salt and pepper.
- Coat meat and marinate in ziplock bag for 24 hours.
- Wipe marinade off meat and brown meat in shortening.
- Transfer to baking dish, pour marinade over meat and bake at 350 for 2 hours.
Easy to assemble for marinating. Quick to prepare for the baking. Meat came out very tender, flavorful and the family loved it! (I doubled the marinade quantity for 4 large boneless short ribs, though.) Thanks!
My dad used to make this (or close to it). I was very happy to find this recipe here. Unfortunately, I didn't read the first review until I had marinated the meat and found that I could have used twice the marinade, as Alyson did.
Awesome dish though.