Recipe by chia
i found this online from food tv, this was a great side to bbq chicken and ribs.
Top Review by echo echo
Wow, this is fantastic! The garlic adds significant favor that nevertheless is far from overwhelming as you might fear. For the fresh herbs, I used approximately 1 Tbsp thyme, 1 1/2 Tbsp tarragon and then filled in the rest with parsley to make 1/3 cup. This is the most wonderful dressing, and I think it would also be good on other dishes, such as cooked green beans. Applause, applause!
- 2 lbs fingerling potatoes (you can also use red bliss or other heirloom potatoes)
- 1 tablespoon roasted garlic (1 head rubbed with olive oil then baked at 350 degrees for 45 minutes)
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups olive oil
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard seeds
- salt and pepper
- 2 medium red onions, sliced thin
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh herb (parsley, tarragon, and thyme)
- 2 bunches watercress
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean and slice potatoes into bite sized rounds and boil until fork tender.
- Squeeze out the pulp from the head of garlic.
- Make vinaigrette by whisking garlic, mustard and vinegar in a bowl and then slowly whisking in olive oil, season with salt and pepper and add mustard seeds at the end.
- While potatoes are still warm and drained, toss with vinaigrette. Just before serving add onions, herbs and watercress.