Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
This meal comes from Meal for Minutes - Asian available from AWW Cookbooks
- 20 large uncooked prawns (, 1kg)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 red Thai chile, seeded,chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons black mustard seeds
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh coriander
- Shell and devein prawns, leaving tails intact.
- Cut along back of prawn, taking care not to cut all the way through; flatten prawn slightly.
- Rub turmeric and chilli into prawns in medium bowl.
- Heat oil in large frying pan; cook mustard seeds and garlic, stirring, until seeds start to pop.
- Add prawn mixture; cook, stirring, until prawns just change colour.
- Mix in coriander.
- Tip: If you like hot dishes, don't seed the chillies before chopping, as removing the seeds and membranes lessens the heat level.
- serving suggestion: Serve mustard-seed chilli prawns with saffron rice.
- Garnish with spring onion curls.
We also have the same book and this was the first recipe I tried from it. FABULOUS. So quick and easy with great flavour and colour. Love the addition of the mustard seeds. A MUST TRY for any asian style prawn lover :)