Recipe by Lennie
This is excellent served over grilled pork chops or chicken breasts. Experiment with different mustards; each will create a different flavoured sauce.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons prepared mustard (I use Dijon)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 beef bouillon cube (I use granulated bouillon in small packet)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat; stir in red wine and green onions and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add water, stir to loosen brown bits on bottom of skillet, then stir in cream, capers, mustard, salt, pepper, and bouillon cube.
- Heat sauce to boiling, stirring frequently.
- Place into sauceboat and serve.