Recipe by *Parsley*
This is a good sauce to serve over ham, pork or veal.
Top Review by Torachef 1997
Simple is sometimes best! I made this using fat-free Half and Half instead of the evaporatted milk, and it was superb with lamb! Surprisingly mild in spite of the horseradish, but zesty enough to zip up the meal. Thanks!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in small saucepan over low heat. Blend in flour, salt, and pepper.
- Cook over low heat stirring constantly until mixture is smooth and bubbly. Remove from heat.
- Stir in milk. Heat to boiling stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Stir in mustard and horseradish and heat thoroughly.
- Serve warm over ham, pork or veal.