Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From epicurious.com. Posted for ZWT6.
Make and share this Mustard-Roasted Salmon With Lingonberry Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 450°F
- Stir 2 tablespoons mustard and 1 tablespoon melted butter in small dish.
- Oil small rimmed baking sheet and place salmon on sheet, skin side down.
- Sprinkle salmon with salt.
- Spread top of salmon with mustard mixture and season generously with pepper.
- Bake until salmon is cooked through and mustard browns, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 tablespoon butter in heavy small skillet over medium heat.
- Add shallots and sauté 2 minutes.
- Add preserves and vinegar; stir until preserves melt and mixture is smooth.
- Bring to simmer.
- Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon sauce over fish and serve.
Great salmon recipe! The only change I made was to use a cherry balsamic vinegar becasue I didn't have raspberry. The method for cooking the salmon is absolutely perfect. I didn't have to adjust the time at all. The sauce is a nice counterbalance to the Dijon mustard. I had almost exactly 2 T. left in my jar of lingonberry jam. It was meant to be! Made for Family Picks during ZWT9 for the Soup-A-Stars. Thank you!
This is a lovely dish, I loved the lingonberry with the shallot, I cut the recipe in half for one serving and wished I had made all of the sauce. I pan roasted my salmon - I used a skin on Coho fillet and cooked it skin side down in a partially covered pan until mostly cooked through then flipped it over briefly. Thanks for sharing , made for ZWT 9 Family Picks by one Mike and the Appliance Killers
This was spectacular! I tasted the sauce beforehand and found it a bit tart. But in combination with the salmon, it was just right.