Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Quick and easy..this is always a crowd pleaser. Adapted from a January 2008 issue of Real Simple.
Make and share this Mustard Roasted Chicken and Vegetables recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 6 pieces
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 medium carrots, skinned and cut in half lengthwise
- 1 medium white onion, cut in wedges
- 3 small potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 asparagus spears, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine whole grain mustard, dijon mustard, soy sauce, and black pepper in a bowl. Add chicken and set aside.
- Peel and slice carrots, cut onions, cut asparagus, and cut potatoes. Add to a roasting pan or casserole dish.
- Add olive oil, chopped rosemary, and salt to vegetables. Coat thoroughly.
- Nestle chicken among the vegetables.
- Back on the center rack 40-50 minutes or until chicken is cooked and veggies are soft.
- Divide chicken among plates and enjoy!
The roasted vegetables were a perfect side dish to the roasted chicken breasts, which offered just a slight hint of the tangy mustard sauce (just the way I like it!). And it's so easy to put together, too. I'll definitely make this dish again. This was one of my PAC Fall "08 selections.