1/3 Photos of Mustard-Roasted Chicken
2 hrs 10 mins
Sandi (From CA)'s Note:
I drooled on the page of the book I found this recipe in. That was a positive indication that I needed to make this dish. ;o) All Hail the Poultry! The chicken needs to marinate for at least four hours (or overnight), so be sure to start in advance. Time estimate doesn't include the 4+ hour marination, but DOES include the subsequent 1 hour marination period. Serve with roasted potatoes, sautéed spinach or rubber tires. It's all good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Whisk mustard, olive oil, parsley and thyme in small bowl to blend. Stir in garlic.
- 2Spread mustard mixture generously inside cavities and over outside of chickens.
- 3Place chickens in glass baking dish; cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- 4Let chickens stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
- 5Sprinkle chickens generously inside and out with salt and pepper; let chickens stand 30 minutes longer.
- 6Preheat oven to 400°F Spread any accumulated mustard marinade from dish over chickens. Place rosemary and sage sprigs atop chickens.
- 7Roast chickens until juices run clear with fork is inserted into thickest part of thigh, basting occasionally with pan juices, about 1 hour 10 minutes.
- 8Carve chickens and arrange on platter. Spoon some of the pan juices over and serve.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mustard-Roasted Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (507 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1082.6
- Calories from Fat 728
- Total Fat 80.9 g
- Saturated Fat 21.5 g
- Cholesterol 325.0 mg
- Sodium 772.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 78.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: