Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Make and share this Mustard Roast Beef recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup apricot preserves
- 2 -4 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 2 -3 teaspoons reduced-sodium Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon crushed caraway seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon crushed crushed black peppercorns or 1 teaspoon mixed peppercorns
- 1 boneless sirloin tip roast, fat trimmed (about 2 pounds)
- Mix all ingredients except beef in medium bowl.
- Spread on all surfaces of meat.
- Place meat on rack in roasting pan.
- Roast at 350 degrees F. until meat thermometer registers 140 degrees (medium), or 160 degrees (well done), 30 to 45 minutes.
I'm not crazy about caraway, but the inclusion of crushed seed just adds a different, indistinct note to the medley of flavours. Next time I would not place the roast on a rack - it is not necessary since it is low in fat and the sugar in the sauce will burn - I would try roasting in a pan, adding water and basting throughout the roasting process instead.