Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Great on brats, hot dogs and burgers. Puts a zing in potato salad also.
Make and share this Mustard Relish recipe from Food.com.
- Peel and seed cukes and finely chop.
- Finely chop onions and peppers.
- Place in a colander and drain for 1 hour-squeeze and toss into a large pot.
- Add vinegar, mustard, horseradish, salt, celery seed and ginger.
- Add pectin and mix WELL.
- bring to a full rolling boil and all the sugar.
- Bring to a hard boil again and boil for 1 minute-your doing a lot of stirring also.
- Remove from heat, skim and ladle into hot sterilized jars leaving 1/8 inch head space.
- Process for 10 minutes at altitudes up to 1000 feet.
I made this to serve on Beer Brat's and hotdogs and it was a huge hit! The recipe calls for 3/4 oz. of powdered fruit pectin, but the packets I found in the store were sold in 1 3/4 oz. packets. I'm not sure there was a typo in the recipe, but I used about a half of packet. Turned out fine. I will definatley make this again, but next time, I might double the recipe!
Everyone loved it! I made it without the horseradish because I did not have any. Next time I will double the recipe so I will have extra to give friends and family.
I made this but did not add the horseradish (didn't have it on hand). It came out very good. Everyone in my house just loves it. we've used it on hotdogs, hamburgers, and even ham sandwiches. We've gone through all 5 pints in just over a month.