Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A really good side dish to go with a steak.
- 30 g butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped finely
- 1 kg of baby new potato, halved
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 250 ml chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons grainy mustard
- 325 g english spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon cream
- Heat butter in a large pan and add the onion and cook stirring until the onion is soft.
- Add potatoes, garlic, stock and mustard and simmer covered for about 20 minutes, until the potatoes are tender.
- Add cream and spinach, simmer covered until spinach is wilted.
Wow..this is really tasty, the flavours are wonderful and the liquid turns out lovely and creamy, the spinach only adds to an already wonderful dish. I served this with lamb chops and baby peas. Thanks for sharing.
Great dish Latchy! I must admit I used more spinach, just because I wanted to use up what I had in the fridge. The sauce it made had a subtle but good flavour.
Excellent! I had expected the mustard and garlic to dominate the dish. Instead they became part of a wonderful, subtle sauce that brought out the flavor of the baby potatoes. The potatoes and briefly cooked spinach were the starring flavors. I made 1/2 the recipe as directed and served it with BBQ grilled lamb chops and a simple lettuce, tomato and mayo salad. Thanks Latchy, this recipe goes into my special "book of tricks".