Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 35 mins
Cook 10 mins
When I used to cater, this is what I usually made to serve along with my barbecued pork sandwiches. If you have a large event to cook for, I hope this recipe helps you out! Serves 50.
- 15 lbs red potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt, approximately
- 5 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup salad oil (vegetable)
- 2 bunches green onions, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise (or more)
- 15 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- Cook whole, unpeeled red skinned potatoes in lightly salted water,(about 1 tsp.salt), until just tender, don't over cook to mush. *About 12 minutes. Only 10 if your potatoes are very small.
- Drain and cover with cold water to cool.
- Peel potatoes if desired (I prefer the skins left on) and cut into 1/2" cubes. Place in a large bowl.
- In a seperate bowl, beat together the 2 1/2 teaspoons salt, mustard, pepper, sugar and vinegar until well blended.
- Slowly whisk in oil.
- Add mustard dressing to potatoes; toss lightly but thoroughly.
- Cover and let stand 1-2 hours.
- Add green onions, eggs and mayo.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Adjust seasonings, namely salt. It may need more to taste.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate overnight.
- *If making a day ahead, be sure to taste before serving! Potatoes as well as eggs really absorb salt and your salad can sometimes taste like you forgot to add it. Add more salt as needed.
- Serves 50.