Top Review by MeganMuffins
This was ok, but I didn't like the taste of the sweet pickles mixed in with the olives. I don't think it had enough onion in it either. If I were to make it again I would add more. The green onions just didn't give it enough flavor.
- 6 medium red potatoes
- 3 stalks celery, minced
- 2 -3 green onions, tops and bottoms sliced thin
- 3 -4 sweet pickles, minced (gherkins)
- 1 cup sliced green olives
- 4 hard boil eggs
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons mustard, yellow or 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- paprika (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil potatoes with skin on until tender. When cooled to the touch, skin potatoes and discard skin. Large dice potatoes and place in large bowl.
- Add to potatoes the minced celery, sliced green onions, minced sweet pickles and sliced olives.
- Peel eggs, setting aside the yolk; chop the white portion; add to bowl.
- Season mixture with salt and pepper and toss all lightly.
- In another small bowl add the cooked egg yolks, mayonnaise, vinegar and mustard; mix thoroughly breaking up yolks.
- Pour mayonnaise mixture over potato mixture and toss to coat.
- Place in pretty bowl and sprinkling lightly with paprika.