Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Another great low fat, FAST and easy to cook, low carb and high in protein recipe from my "Light Cooking" Cookbook. I've made alterations and changes to the recipe as I didn't have ingredients that it requested, so I improvised. Thr original recipe called for chutney, and I used parsley instead. I used dark rye flour and that did a fine job. Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 pork loin chops, cut 1/2 inch thick (1 1/4 pounds)
- 1⁄4 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon whole wheat flour
- 1⁄3 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread mustard on all surfaces of chops.
- In a medium bowl combine bread crumbs, cornmeal and flour.
- Coat chops with crumb mixture.
- Place chops in 9x9 pan Bake 30- 40 minutes or until chops are no longer pink and coating is lightly browned.
- In a small bowl combine yogurt and parsley; spoon over chops.
This was a quick and tasty way to prepare pork chops. I like the mustard flavor along with the yogurt sauce. I will make this again.
Both my husband and I were very surprised with this one. The sauce came out perfect, and very flavourful. Thanks for posting