Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This French-feeling comfort food is so quick and easy to prepare, but yet will be filling enough that one might think it took longer than it did to create :) From Nigella Express. (which by the way, on the show she prepare gnocchi on the side which should take only a couple of minutes to boil--later, you can toss them with the remainder of the sauce)
- 2 (1/2 lb) pork chop, about 1-pound total weight
- 2 teaspoons infused oil
- 1⁄2 cup hard alcoholic cider
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- Cut the fat or rind off the chops, and then bash them briefly but brutally with a rolling pin between 2 pieces of cling film/plastic wrap to make them thinner.
- Heat the oil in a pan, and then cook the chops over a moderately-high heat for about 5 minutes a side.
- Remove them to a warmed plate.
- Pour the cider into the pan, still over the heat, to deglaze the pan.
- Let it bubble away for a minute or so then add the mustard and stir in the cream.
- Let the sauce continue cooking for a few minutes before pouring over each plated pork chop.
- If you're having gnocchi with, make sure you turn them in the pan to absorb any spare juices before adding them to your plates.