Top Review by Evie*
These pork chops were great. Pork isnt a meat we have alot although we all like it, so when I saw this recipe of Jan's I thought Im buying pork chops just to make this dish. Excellent decision! Easy to put together and the sauce is delicious.
- 4 (200 g) pork loin chops
- cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard (heaped)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup cream (I use low fat)
- chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 190°C/350°F.
- Sprinkle each chop with cracked pepper to taste.
- Heat the oil over medium high heat and brown chops well on both sides; remove to a plate.
- Reduce the heat a little and add the onion and garlic; cook until golden and softened-about 5 minutes.
- Add the wine, scraping up all the brown bits off the bottom of the pan.
- Add the mustard, Worcestershire sauce, stock and cream, and bring to the boil, stirring to combine.
- Return the chops to the pan, cover with a lid and place in the preheated oven.
- Cook for about 45 minutes or until tender.
- Remove chops to a warm plate, and reduce the sauce over a medium heat until a nice sauce consistency.
- Serve over the chops with a sprinkle of fresh chopped parsley.