Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
- Preheat oven to 190°C/350°F.
- Sprinkle each chop with cracked pepper to taste.
- Heat the oil over medium high heat and brown chops well on both sides; remove to a plate.
- Reduce the heat a little and add the onion and garlic; cook until golden and softened-about 5 minutes.
- Add the wine, scraping up all the brown bits off the bottom of the pan.
- Add the mustard, Worcestershire sauce, stock and cream, and bring to the boil, stirring to combine.
- Return the chops to the pan, cover with a lid and place in the preheated oven.
- Cook for about 45 minutes or until tender.
- Remove chops to a warm plate, and reduce the sauce over a medium heat until a nice sauce consistency.
- Serve over the chops with a sprinkle of fresh chopped parsley.
These pork chops were great. Pork isnt a meat we have alot although we all like it, so when I saw this recipe of Jan's I thought Im buying pork chops just to make this dish. Excellent decision! Easy to put together and the sauce is delicious.
This is a very easy dish to prepare. I followed the recipe exactly.....maybe the reviewer before me did not reduce the sauce enough. Ours was great, with a lovely flavour not overpowered by the mustard. The pork chops were lovely and moist and tender. I will certainly be making this again. I will also try it with pork steaks and pork fillets as I feel it would work with these just as well. Thanks Jan for a keeper :)
The recipe for this sauce sounded so wonderful that I had to try it. I must say I was dissapointed; the pork chops were dry and the sauce was like water however the sauce tasted great. I will try again and make some adjustments.