Recipe by Bergy
Tasty chops with a nice presentation. If you prefer, you can substitute any other jam or jelly E.G. Apricot
Top Review by Tebo
Had this with company and enjoyed their compliments. I reduced the liquid to a thick sauce and it was good. Applesauce is not necessary for pork any longer!! Keep the recipes coming Bergy.
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard (coarse grained preferred)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 4 center cut pork loin chops with bone (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 teaspoon lite olive oil or 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup thin sliced green onion
- orange, sliced for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine mustard, marmalade, soy sauce, hot pepper flakes.
- Stir in the water and set aside.
- Warm oil in pan over medium heat.
- Season pork chops with black pepper, and increase heat to medium-high.
- Brown the chops (about 2 minutes each side).
- Spoon mustard/marmalade mixture over the chops and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer until done, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in the green onions.
- Place chops on a platter and garnish with orange slices.