Recipe by Lali
This is one of those recipes that has been passed down from my great-great grandmother, eventually to me. These pickles have a "Kick" to them from the horseradish. It's not bad though, they are GREAT!!! I keep mine in a gallon jar in my "Extra" fridge all winter. Mmmmm Mmmmmm
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup prepared mustard
- 1 cup salt
- 1 gallon vinegar
- 1 cup prepared horseradish
- 2 gallons cucumbers (small, pickling size)
Directions See How It's Made
- Scrub cucumbers and put in the above mixture.
- These are ready to eat in 10 days.
- Keep in a glass crock or a 1 gallon jar with cheese cloth"lid". (Lay a piece of cheesecloth over the jar or crock to "Create" a lid. You can wrap a rubber band around to hold in place or use a piece of string. If using a jar, you can use the metal band that you'd use in canning but don't use the flat lid part, that's where the cheesecloth is used. This allows air in and "critters", dust, bugs etc. are kept out. If you don't do this, you may get mold in them too.)
- Will keep all winter in cool place.