Recipe by billikers
A tender sirloin steak would also be a great choice for this quick and tasty dish. From Woman's World, April 24 2007.
Top Review by hepcat1
I was looking for an easy flank steak recipe that didn't call for marinating, so I decided to try this one. Fantastic! Easy and so delicious. I didn't have whole grain mustard so I used dijon, otherwise followed the recipe. Cook time was spot on! Thanks for a great new recipe! I served this with baked potatoes and recipe#67534.
- 2 tablespoons peppercorns, medley crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon crushed dried rosemary
- 1 (1 1/2 lb) flank steaks
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, halved and thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine peppercorns, salt and rosemary.
- Rub both sides of steak with peppercorn mixture.
- In large nonstick skillet, melt 1 Tbsp butter over medium heat. Add steak; cook until browned, about 7 minutes. Turn. Add onions to pan around steak; cook until meat and onions are browned, about 7 minutes.
- Tranfer meat to platter.
- To onions in skillet, add 1/3 cup water, vinegar and mustard. Cook over medium heat, scraping up any brown bits. Bring just to boil; cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened. Stir in remaining butter.
- Pour over steak.