Recipe by *OzMan*
Well, liking mustard, chicken and parmesan cheese, I found this recipe and had to post it! Very easy to make and lots of flavor as well. I got this from an old recipe box I had found and decided to try it, and so glad I did. Hope you like it as well. :) Recipe may be halved or doubled if you wish. I served with Au gratin potatoes and fresh corn on the cob.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard (I used spicy brown mustard)
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup breadcrumbs (preferably fresh, but store bought would work also)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 small green pepper, seeded and sliced
- fresh parsley (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean and wipe chicken breasts with damp paper towel.
- Sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
- In a bowl or pie plate, beat together the egg and mustard.
- Using a separate bowl mix together the breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese, mixing well.
- Dip each chicken breast into egg/mustard mixture, then roll in breadcrumb/cheese mixture and set on wax paper for approximately 10 minute to let coating set.
- Saute chicken in heated oil for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Arrange on plate, sprinkle with green pepper slices and garnish with parsley.
- Tip: Do not crowd pan when sauteing or it will steam the chicken instead of browning it.