1/1 Photo of Mustard/parm Fried Chicken Breasts
Well, liking mustard, chicken and parmesan cheese, I found this recipe and had to post it! Very easy to make and lots of flavor as well. I got this from an old recipe box I had found and decided to try it, and so glad I did. Hope you like it as well. :) Recipe may be halved or doubled if you wish. I served with Au gratin potatoes and fresh corn on the cob.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard (I used spicy brown mustard)
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs (preferably fresh, but store bought would work also)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 small green pepper, seeded and sliced
- fresh parsley (to garnish)
- 1Clean and wipe chicken breasts with damp paper towel.
- 2Sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
- 3In a bowl or pie plate, beat together the egg and mustard.
- 4Using a separate bowl mix together the breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese, mixing well.
- 5Dip each chicken breast into egg/mustard mixture, then roll in breadcrumb/cheese mixture and set on wax paper for approximately 10 minute to let coating set.
- 6Saute chicken in heated oil for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- 7Arrange on plate, sprinkle with green pepper slices and garnish with parsley.
- 8Tip: Do not crowd pan when sauteing or it will steam the chicken instead of browning it.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mustard/parm Fried Chicken Breasts
Serving Size: 1 (184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 290.7
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 128.6 mg
- Sodium 662.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 33.7 g